Monday, April 13, 2009

Warm Weather Wish List

Today was definitely a Monday. I woke up to run at 5:30 after not nearly enough sleep, and in my stupor locked the door behind me without bringing my keys with me. My legs were exhausted from the last few weeks and so my run was painfully slow. Add in the fact that I was worrying about how I was going to get back into my house without waking my roommates far earlier than they needed to be woken, and by the time I got back from my run it had already felt like a long morning. As I packed my bag for work, I realized I'd misplaced my earphones and had left my iPod in my car. So I took out my spare earphones and grabbed my iPod on my way to the metro, only to find that the cold weather had zapped my battery so i had no tunes to get me to and from work. By the time I got to work, I was really ready to go back to bed. I just had a hard time getting going today. I was moving pretty slowly until my boss yelled from his office that he needed something I was supposed to have gotten to him about an hour earlier (but I felt no sense of urgency, clearly because I hadn't checked his morning schedule to see the conference call he'd added last night...[sigh]). That woke me up pretty quickly and thankfully the rest of the day went fairly smoothly. However, it left me longing for the warmer, longer, seemingly quieter days of summer. The last couple of years I've taken to making a warm weather wish list, and I tend to make that list on rainy spring days when my pining is at its apex. This year that would be today.


In no particular order, these are the things I've had a hankering to do today.


go to a Nats game
backyard bbq
slip 'n slide
hiking
camping
Florida/Disneyworld
waterfight
attend at least one thing at Wolftrap
see Ragtime at the Kennedy Center (not really a warm weather thing, but it's on my list of things to do)
take an international trip that requires a backpack and a good sense of adventure
read books in the park
play kickball
go to a state or county fair
swing on the swingset
watch sunsets
road trips with the sunroof open
Air Force memorial concerts
jazz in the sculpture garden
relearn how to play tennis
more hiking and camping
go to the beach (preferably at home with some friends--start planning now--but I'll take anything at this point)
dance in the rain
lots and lots of bike rides
lay in a field and tell stories


With a list like that, how can you not be happy, even on a dreary spring day.


This is going to be a good summer...

1 comment:

Adriana said...

We are planning a trip to Disney World...I will forward you the email!