Friday, April 10, 2009

Mystery subscription

I'll admit, sometimes I don't read fine print or I click boxes that I assume are waivers so I can get to the next page. However, I'm usually pretty careful when clicking those boxes involve committing myself to something long-term or when it involves money. That's why I can't for the life of me figure out how I started receiving this magazine:

I already subscribe to Runners' World and have been considering subscribing to Running Times (the mystery subscription) but haven't done anything about it. At least I don't think I did. No charge has shown up on my credit card, no bill has come in the mail (yet), and the April and May editions of this magazine showed up in the mail at my house yesterday. I'm so confused.

Is someone sending me magazine subscriptions secretly? If so, will you tell me who you are so I can properly thank you? Because I am really excited about this new magazine.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I didn't know Julie! I am getting mystery subscriptions too! One to Newsweek and one to Eating Well. I also got one a couple years ago to ESPN magazine. I really hope it is a secret magazine admirer, but it might also be a fluke. Congratulations on entering the world of random free magazines.

M. said...

nah. I got the National Geographic Travel and all the sudden i get all these random travel mags. The send it to you, let you enjoy. Expect a letter in a few weeks saying 'we hope you enjoy, now subscribe!'