Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Dear Spring, take 2

Dear Spring,

I've waited and waited for you to come. You tease me with warm weather then blow me down with winter wind. You bring me beautiful trees and blossoms but require that I medicate myself daily so my allergies don't kill me. I've tried to be patient. But alas, I cannot wait any longer. Therefore, I'm informing you that in 8 short days, I will be traveling here in search of my warm weather:

I can hardly wait.
Jamaica here I come.
(Take that.)

Maybe next year you will come sooner and with less wind. Or maybe not. Maybe what I'm really wishing for is San Diego spring, which I need to admit to myself will never happen out here. Ever. [sigh] I'm sorry for wishing you to be something you're not. But I'm still going to Jamaica.

Sincerely,
A dislocated Southern Californian who needs to abandon all hope of unseasonably warm weather and submit patiently to seasons. [sigh]

1 comment:

Chocolate Chelsea said...

jealous, can I come? Utah is the same it teases me with warm weather one day and then turns cold the next.