Friday, March 20, 2009

I think Spring missed the memo

Dear Spring,

Today is March 20. Where are you?!

Warmest regards,
Freezing in D.C.

Seriously. How am I supposed to live like this?

I have a few things to share today in an attempt to spice up an otherwise cold and windy SPRING morning.

I forgot to mention something in my shoe post yesterday. As soon as I left the office, it started raining. And it got cold. And I was in a dress. And of course I didn't bring an umbrella. As I stood at the stoplight by work, I considered my options: go back to the office and race on Saturday in hashed shoes that are hurting my feet, or weather the cold rain and get the shoes. Mid-contemplation, a very nice middle-aged man from South Carolina offered me shelter under his umbrella. Then he walked me to the metro. It's hard to explain the effect his kindness had on me. I forget sometimes that I truly appreciate the gentlemenly-types. It makes me feel and behave more like a lady, which I like. It also makes me blush a little in a non-scandalized way, which I also like.

So, the marathon is tomorrow. I'm proud to report that the only cookies that derailed me over the last month were Girl Scout cookies. I did not bake one treat during the cookie fast, nor did I fall victim to the dreaded pink cookies of death. Aren't you so proud? We'll see if it did me any good. Also, the marathon's in D.C. so anyone finding themselves on the mall up towards the capitol around 9 or 9:15 or so can see me at mile 16 or 17. Not that you need to, but just in case you want to.

I think that's all. Sorry for the boring post. I do have a great confession in store for next week, though. And suddenly I just want to ask, how is everyone doing? I'm not very good at posting things that inspire a lot of chatter (still learning), so I don't feel like I get to engage in online conversation, but I do really want to know what's going on. Talk to me. At the very least, give me the link to your blog so we can blogstalk each other.

1 comment:

annie said...

love this post. AND the shoe post. i run in mizunos, too, but now i want some RACERS!!!