Thursday, December 11, 2008

Thursday's wish

I want.
I'm only allowing myself to spend a very small portion of my Christmas bonus on something I want. I think I've spent it about three times over in my mind. I really have to nail it down soon, like before tomorrow, which is when I actually get the bonus, so I can stop thinking about it.

I don't want much, just a GPS running watch that tells me how far I've run at what pace and at what rate of calorie burnage...and it's such a great deal at Costco. Nevermind the other expenses that I should probably be channeling this money towards...or the fact it would look great in savings...or...or...or...

Why do I feel so tortured when it comes to spending money on myself?!

But I really want it. I swear the mile markers on the Mt. Vernon trail are wrong, and I'd like the opportunity to prove my internal running odometer/pace clock.

Did I mention you can upload the info from the watch to your computer so that you can track your training?...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

If I can justify the value of chocolates when I'm overweight, then surely you deserve to spend your bonus on something that helps you keep fit. :) Good luck deciding!!!

M. said...

my sister-in-law just bought one, she LOOOOVES it.

Mary said...

Good news: I am an enabler...

Take the cost of the item and divide it by the number of uses... now, I know that you will use this often. I just know it. Compare that with something like a dinner out. That is like $30 for one time. This might be $2 per usage. Therefore, there should be no hesitation.

Now, that was a strictly quantitative evaluation. Put some percentage of joy while using into the equation (like you will be 85% satisfied when you use it) and I think you will clearly see that you not only could buy this thingy but it is reasonable and you should.

Tom Bradshaw said...

Do you have to actually run for it to be useful? That would be a deal breaker for me.