Tuesday, December 16, 2008

A better confession than White Christmas viewing in the morning

So, I'm moving almost as soon as I get back from the Christmas holidays. Not far, just a few blocks away from where I currently am.  As such, I'm trying to get most of my life packed up before I take off so that I can enjoy Christmas at home and not have to stress about packing things up as soon as I get back.  Tonight, my goal was to get all my books packed up.  That might not seem like a very big goal, unless you've been in my house or helped me move.  (A great Reid quote: "You know, Julie, this move would be a whole lot easier if you weren't such a nerd.")  And here is my confession: 

Number of standard-sized file boxes I just filled with my books: 14.  

And I still have a few stragglers without a home, but I'm out of boxes.  

My room feels so naked.  

The best part about packing up the books is being reunited with the gems I have read (I don't revisit certain shelves often enough) and discovering some gems that I haven't read yet (thank you Stephen for stocking me up).  I have some great books to read over the break and some great winter reading for when I get back (failed expeditions to the South Pole anyone?) without having to spend a dime.  Good thing, too, since I'm now on a spending freeze...  

[sigh]


1 comment:

David Grover said...

Are you speaking of Shackleton? I hope so.