Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Taco Tuesday Confessions - all dried up?

I've been trying to think all day of a really good confession, one along the lines of the one that birthed this blog. But alas, I can't think of any more incriminating confessions that I haven't already blogged about. Is it possible my reserve is all dried up? Have I really become so boring that I haven't created any more confession-worthy experiences? Or am I merely wising up in my propensity to share?

Maybe I should open it up for you to confess for me? Incriminating stories? That could be dangerous. Maybe you all should confess something for a change. (Do I allow anonymous comments on this blog? I don't think so.) Hmmm. What to do, what to do...

On another note: Not confession-worthy, but noteworthy (for me). I know I told many of you I swore I'd never do another marathon, but I decided to make an exception so that I could have a comeback story for myself (of sorts). i've been slowly working my way back for the last three months (well, five months really, but calculated training for the last three).  I finally went on a seriously long run a couple of weeks ago and felt great. It was the first time since August that I really felt like myself health-wise. I was beat, but it was the normal kind of beat. The beat you expect to feel after 18 miles. I felt really grateful that my body has healed completely (one month sooner than the doctor had anticipated even!) and that I'm right on target for a successful race. 7 weeks and counting until the big day. Then the real fun begins. Maybe another race in April (we'll see how this marathon goes), Ragnar Relay in NY in May, triathlon #1 in June, have fun and gear up during July and August for triathlon #2 in September. It's going to be a great race season. I actually have more than one person to train with this time around so it's almost like being part of a team again. It's made me the happiest I've been in a while (athletically speaking, anyway, which I guess does translate to general happiness).

But seriously, refocusing from the side note of the comeback.  Help the blog.  Confess.  Please.

3 comments:

Natalee said...

First off congrats on your good health. We are so glad to hear you are finally back.

Now for the confession... I spent all morning watching Dog the Bounty Hunter. There I said it. I finally had to tear myself away to get some work done.

Natalee said...

I have a confession to... I spent all EVENING watching Dog the Bounty Hunter. That show just sucks you in!

Gary

Natalee said...

Another confession. I totally bombed my Pharmaceutical Care exam this morning because of Dog the Bounty Hunter!

Gary