Tuesday, January 27, 2009

1 of 3 Things

An excerpt from a gchat conversation with Katie earlier today:

Julie: our random conversations = I love
Katie: but have you ever noticed that most of our "random" conversations come back to 1 of three things?
speedos
poo
cookies
Julie: (or raisins)
and yes
I love that they all degenerate into some form of that
Katie: entropy.
its inevitible.
Julie: it's going on the blog
Katie: I can't wait.

Some explanation, simply to enhance your enjoyment of the confession.

1. Speedos: Katie and I discovered our shared...non-aversion to speedos one evening during one of those "we're-so-tired-we're-delirous" girl-chat moments. I don't think I should share anything beyond that.

2. Poo: Katie and I have been training partners for 3 years now and have shared a lot of...moments. One thing about training is that all sense of propriety goes out the window. (Mostly modesty and things like that.) Along with bad behavior comes somewhat inappropriate conversation. We sort of talk indiscriminately about things that probably aren't considered polite and almost inevitably it degenerates into poo-talk of some kind. I won't sell either of us out beyond that, but let's just say one of us is always happy to see a port-a-potty and one of us wishes the body would cooperate to make use of it. Both situations create plenty of running drama and lots of funny stories. Most of which should not be shared outside of the car...if at all. Add in the hospital drama from last year, and the fact that Katie is a doctor, and, yeah...poo: it's always funny. To us anyway.

3. a. Cookies: Really? Do I have to explain this? b. Raisins: Take all my blogs about cookies and substitute the word "raisins" [shudder for the momentary blasphemy] and you've got Katie's world. Her raisin-love is equal to my cookie-love. It's really quite shocking.

On a totally unrelated note, and not that you really care anyway, but this is my 100th post. The blog is coming up on its 1 year anniversary too. Have I really been allowing you all this window into my life for so long? Amazing. And quite possibly very stupid.


Poo! Cookies! Speedos!

Ha ha. [sigh] They will always be funny.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

You know those words sound awfully familiar in a house full of children, teenagers, and swimmers. Hmmmm I'm with you. Poo! Cookies! Speedos! forget the raisins. Unless they're covered with chocolate in which case they look like...yes we're back to poo again. Rabbit style. Sorry.... it's been along day.

GRRidd said...

I hate Scrubs, but...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2BDd0XseGtU

Julie Bradshaw said...

My brother sent this to me shortly after my hospital stay. Katie and I decided this needed to go in our personal archives...secret archives, of course...ahem...

I also hate Scrubs but this is one of their finer moments...

Natalee said...

Some days it feels like my whole day revolves around poo.

Rachel said...

Poo - inevitable. Cookies - enjoyable especially when made by Julie with oats, craisins, and chocolate. Raisins? I can't get into that one. Why eat a raisin, all dried up and wrinkled, when a fresh grape tastes so much better?