Thursday, November 27, 2008

Thanksgiving with the Bradshaws: A Photo Essay

We started the day off with a nice, long run, intended, in part, to justify the massive amounts of food we were about to consume. It was a dark and stormy morning full of shin-deep puddles and raging gutters of slime.

I initially thought Mom was just taking a picture of me doing situps, which is why I have a funny look on my face. Little did I know my brothers were behind me, mocking me. Well, Tom was mocking me. John claims he was inspired.

From the backside down the hallway.
For release Jan. 1, 2009: Abs of Steel with the Bradshaws.
Starring: Me.
The first turkey came out of the smoker and Dad asked us to test it for moistness. Tommy and I were happy to oblige.
After showers it was time to make the last of the pies.

Mom cleaning up after us as we go and
Rachel and Katie trying to make Tom a caramel pie...

Dad, sensing his presence was no longer needed in the kitchen, decided to go out into the backyard to prune the apricot tree, because Thanksgiving Day is the perfect day to do this.


Tom "working hard," "helping" prune the tree.

Meanwhile, Rachel whips up the merengue for Tom's caramel pie.

Dad finished in the backyard in time for dinner.
I wonder where he went? Down the hall to his room?

Mom spent the entire week cleaning the house from top to bottom.
Mom doesn't like to reclean other people's messes so soon.

Therefore, it's safe to say that the hairy arm does not belong to Mom.
Tom, hard at work, "checking" on turkey number 2.

Dad finds his way back into the kitchen to carve turkey number two.

The feast.

What the Bradshaw boys do in line to entertain themselves.

This was worth the 1+ hour run.
The day cleared up and we were able to have Thanksgiving dinner outside.
Gotta love San Diego.
The aftermath isn't nearly as bad when you clean up as you go.
Mom insisted we leave the dishes until after the games.
This is me pretending I don't really care about winning.
This is me winning.
This is Ben attacking me after I won (I suspect at the order of his father).
Time for pie.
And now it's time for the dishes.
This is what happens when Tom says things he shouldn't and water is present.
Tom, you got pwned.
More games. My job was to hold the marbles.
Our attempt at a sibling picture.
Ben was running on my head, again at the order of his father.

Happy Thanksgiving!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am literally crying....but not out of sadness. That has got to be the most fantastic wrap up I have ever seen. You are awesome!!! Thanks for sharing. It almost felt like I was there. I wish I had been there. I'm sorry to say that I wouldn't have been there for the run or the sit ups though... I'm a slacker I know. Love you!!!!!

Lincoln and Alisia said...

You are looking so skinny! And I love your hair!!

Natalee said...

Looks like you guys had a fantastic Thanksgiving. We loved all the pictures.

M. said...

a sit-up train??? woot woot! I'm glad you had fun, and you made up for me not taking ANY photos. oops. :)