Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Tiffany's and BBQ Sauce

I've been having this really funny conversation with my roommate today regarding adult jewelry.

Those who know me well or who spend a bit of time with me know that I can be a bit of a clutz. I am constantly cutting myself, spilling things (an entire glass of water on the counter this morning), tripping, losing my balance (last time a guy kissed me on the front porch I lost my balance in my heels [sigh]), or experiencing other epic failures (spilling almost an entire container of BBQ sauce from Chick Fil A in my crotch on the way down to Duck Beach last weekend...yes, you can all laugh heartily now).

When I confessed this morning that there is this ring from Tiffany's that I've wanted ever since I was in college, I quickly followed it up with the disclaimer that I would never buy it. [Tiffany's won't let me copy the picture, so here's the link: http://www.tiffany.com/Shopping/Item.aspx?fromGrid=1&sku=GRP00107&mcat=148204&cid=287466&search_params=s+5-p+17-c+287466-r+101323338-x+-n+6-ri+-ni+0-t+ ] I don't know why I've wanted it, but I just have. I saw it on a friend of mine probably 7 years ago and have thought about it ever since. I told my roommate today that I could not justify spending $200 on a ring for myself for several reasons, the most important one being I would mostly likely lose it. I just would. It would go down the sink or in the toilet or down a vent. Like BBQ sauce to the crotch, I would lose this ring. But I still kind of want it. Strange, since I don't usually want jewelry of any kind.

So, out with it friends. Most impractical want. You know you've checked out the Tiffany's website. Spill.

6 comments:

eMiLy said...

we ARE going to New York and you WILL buy the ring.

M. said...

ooh, in college i used to always look at the Tiffany's website. *sigh* I want the Frank Gehry Torque ring... it's a tad more expensive, unless I get silver then it's $200.

oh, but I really want a pet pig, indoors.

Janey said...

get it get it get it get it! it can be your practice ring, so you won't lose your wedding ring. get it get it get it get it.

eMiLy said...

See! Janey said the same thing i told you during the gchat!... also, my mom and i have been lusting as this bag (Valentino's Nuage Bow Tote)since december when we were christmas shopping...the picture isn't that great, but in person, oh! my heart melts just thinking of it: http://www.neimanmarcus.com/store/catalog/prod.jhtml;jsessionid=EVCUBDNVSIK3OCQAAKTBACA?itemId=prod71000004&parentId=cat6410731&masterId=cat6060749&index=12&cmCat=cat000000cat000001cat000009cat000019cat6060749cat6410731

Cherie said...

I am SO not the person to ask (how much did I spend on those boots???). Get it. :) You deserve it.

annie said...

do it.