Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Confession: Cookie Consumption

I've been so good the last month or so. I haven't even CRAVED a cookie. I've eaten a couple here and there, but nothing like what this blog has been filled with the last year or so. I attribute it to my intense workout schedule. I only have so much time to eat and I have been trying to make sure all the good stuff goes in so that I have the fuel I need for the craziness. But the last three days, I don't know what happened.

Let's analyze:

Sunday: I made cookies for the first time in weeks. I ate three (plus a shameful amount of cookie dough).

Monday: There were gingersnaps on the counter. I don't usually like gingersnaps but I was hungry and the fridge only had stuff in it that required work to make edible. So I partook. They weren't half bad. Then I went to FHE, where I usually avoid the treats, but I got embarrassed while telling a story and insisted on having a cookie before I continued. Then I had two more to follow it up, trying to wash away further embarrassment. I felt sick before I even got home.

Today: A friend/boss brought in her baby [sigh] which she gave birth to in Argentina, even though neither she nor her husband are Argentinian (long story). She brought me back some Alfajores...I couldn't resist....

This has got to stop. I feel so ill. What has happened to me???

No comments: