Saturday, March 17, 2012

Marriage

Well, here we are. It's 630 in the morning on my wedding day. I've slept in 2 hour increments all night. I'm not nervous at all about marrying Dave--not one bit--but my mind is up and going.

We had our family dinner last night at the park. It was so strange to see all those people and realize they were there because of something Dave and I are about to do. I think I may have a similar reaction today. I'm not accustomed to being so front and center. Good thing I'll have Dave by my side.

I've been thinking about mom this morning. I have felt a lot of peace this week as we have prepared. I thought I would miss her more but I think God has been merciful and let me feel how happy she is instead of sadness over her not being here. Last night was hard though as I wrote a little explanation to go on the cookie party favor table. I felt for a moment, keenly, her absence. I know that she will be in the temple with us. I just wish I could see her. I wish Dave could meet her. But I guess I will have to settle for warm feelings and be grateful.

So now I'm just waiting for the sun to come up and people to wake up so that we can go for a run and start this crazy, wonderful day.

I'm getting married. I never thought it would happen but here we are. I've never been more tired and happy in my whole life. :)

See you on the other side...as Julie Grygla.

No comments: