Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Do you like tacos?

One night earlier this month I came home from something rather late in the evening. I don't remember what it was. I just remember that I was beat. I went through my normal routine: dumped my purse by my bed, kicked off my shoes, and booted up my computer while I changed into my pjs. I saw I had new email (that always makes me happy) and saw that one was from my friend Shawn. Shawn doesn't email me very often (we are gchatters more than anything) but whenever he does, it's always something good. Sure enough, the subject line was "I found the perfect t-shirt for you..." and I opened up the email to find this: "...I think you might really enjoy it and need to get a few for your Tuesday night festivities :) Enjoy!!" Included was a link to an online t-shirt store called TorsoPants (pants for your torso, apparently). Their humor is a little...funny. I opened the link and found that Shawn was 100% correct: he had found the perfect t-shirt for me.
In case you can't read it (or if you want to buy one for yourself...who knows, maybe this could be my fanclub t-shirt! jk), click on this link: http://www.torsopants.com/store/product.php?productid=5033.

I about died laughing when I saw it. My first thought was, "Why on earth would anyone make a t-shirt like this?" I mean, do these people even know what "tacos" MEANS ? Tom and Brian, I hope you guys especially got as much of a kick out of this as I did (and still am). I mean, how much more perfect could it get, right?

If enough of you are interested, I think it might be time to share the real story behind Taco Tuesdays. But in the meantime, isn't the t-shirt awesome? This website has all kinds of entertaining shirts. And every time I have typed that word tonight I have almost typed a swear word. It's time for bed. Long live Taco Tuesday.

Do you like tacos? I do. I wish every day was Taco Tuesday. [sigh]

5 comments:

mrsboxtop said...

I LOVE IT, JULIE! Keep on rockin' like a hurricane.

The Voice of Reason said...

Nice going Shawn! Love the site....

Lincoln and Alisia said...

I wish everyday was Taco Tuesday TOO!!! I love it!! And what is the real story behind starting taco tuesdays???

Dad said...

Yeah, I'm kind of ridiculously awesome that way - ha! I'm SOOO glad that you enjoyed! My brother's birthday is at the end of the month (the same day as our good friend Cherie's) and guess what shirt he's getting?! I'll give you two guesses. First one, wrong. Second one was right though - :)

Jennifer said...

Hello! Let me introduce myself - I am good friends with your brother Gary and his family. Natalee was showing me your blog, and I REALLY love your t-shirt! I am going to buy it for my brother David's birthday this month. It's right up his alley. I will be avidly reading your blog. (And I have never heard of taco tuesdays, so please share the entire story!)