Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Taco Tuesday just got better

Last night was Taco Tuesday. I love Taco Tuesday.

Taco Tuesday is the flavor of the week. Easy, delicious food. Delicious.

Dad, who lives with us and gets to hear my running external dialogue when I'm home, picked up on the fact that I was looking for a giant-sized mortal and pestle in which to make delectable guacamole. I did it once at Cherie's house and have been craving it ever since. I thought St. George was devoid of any such gadget since I had looked at Bed, Bath and Beyond and Target and struck out in both places. Silly me. I live in a small town with specialty stores. Who knew?

Dad did.

He surprised me last week with the purchase of a glorious stone mortal and pestle just for making guacamole. I think he was skeptical of the fact that it would taste any different, but he knew the desire of my heart.

So, for this week's Taco Tuesday, I busted out the new kitchen gadget.  I dumped in two and a half avocados, cilantro, red onion, lime juice and kosher salt. It looked like a big mess. A big, delicious mess.

No more bending forks mashing up avocado. No more texture problems. Just glorious goodness. I should have taken a picture.

No comments: